• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Outer Limits...

David Jackson

Hi Everyone,

I haven't made a post on here in a long time. Things are going well. Have maybe 10% of my energy back (from well under 1% back in 2014). Still a lot of problems, but making great progress.

Anyway, I just stumbled across something quite interesting, and wanted to share it here.

It's a YouTube video, and it presents a very good case for possession... as in possession by negative entities.

I'm not trying to scare anyone here; this is intended as something that some people here might find interesting, perhaps even helpful.

It's not some YouTube clickbait trash, it's presented by an expert in his field.

I'm not saying it's the truth or anything, merely that I found it interesting, and that some other people here might also find it interesting.

The first 8 minutes or so is an introduction, everything after that is gold.

Regardless of whether you like the video, I hope for, and wish all of us a great deal of health improvement in 2019!

David

pamojja

Good to hear you're doing better.

..not all thoughts are your own.

Well, on a deeper level there is no thought one owns. As comes apparent for example through persisting mindfulness practice.

One always tries to hold on to one's own personality, which ultimately isn't even there the way we think. From which the premature conclusion might follow, that those disturbing other thoughts are coming from other personalities.

We are so amazing deep, with a couple of abysses in each of us. Personality is just a tool to sail such dangerous waters. Projected to oneself and others. Wherever a spotlight is directed, shadows are created too.

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
@David Jackson I'm glad you are doing better. I, too, think that thoughts come to us. And we can put those thoughts up to the light of reason and goodness. When the light of goodness and reason is the standard, it makes it easier to not give weight to, or hold a thought that is urging itself at us, that isn't goodness. I find it helps a great deal to have that standard of goodness and reason as the standard of life.

I have sometimes walked through a room, or walked by people, and had thoughts just appear that are obviously not mine.

I had an elderly friend who used to say with great smiling love, "When you go into a room that is dark, and you turn on the light, what happens to the darkness?"

There was a preacher in the middle of the 20th century who used to say that evil is always irrational, and that that which is irrational is evil.

I watched a few snippets of that video, especially just before the end. The water forming beauty and order because of the song, "Amazing Grace", speaks volumes.

All the best to you. :)

David Jackson

Personally, I just feel that I come up with my own thoughts... sure, I might get the initial ideas from somewhere, but, right now, at this moment, it's me that's doing the thinking; not some other 'entity'.

These doctors are saying that they really suspect that these voices that some schizophrenic people are hearing really might not be their own thoughts at all... I just see a distinction there, and think it's rather interesting.

And, I don't know about you guys, but when my energy is low, particulary as low as it would get a few years ago, I'd be feeling negative as hell. And, in the video the guy mentions; when these people hear their voices, they are totally drained of all their energy; they can't get out of bed. That part really got me; made me wonder whether that kind of thing might apply to us...

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
It makes sense that those most vulnerable would be the ones preyed upon. A dastardly variation of "people only kick you when you're down".