• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The limbs numb quickly with an uncomfortable position

Hello
Help to understand the symptom.
With the growth of bad symptoms, a symptom that is incomprehensible to me appears. The limbs numb quickly with an uncomfortable position. Or when to put a foot on a leg, or to lay down incorrectly. Or curl up in a chair, numb fingers just INSTANT ....
If it was a vascular problem, then it was constantly ...
I connected it with the lack of thyroid gland hormones but I already doubt
I would be happy to help :)

Wolfcub

Hello @olegsel I don't know, but once recently I got a completely numb head just from lying on the floor. It was a strange and quite scary thing to happen which had not happened before. It passed in about 10 minutes but was too weird! It hasn't returned since that one time.

I honestly don't know if a vascular problem would be constant, or perhaps made worse by certain positions...? I know Reynaud's can cause numbness, and not always just in fingers and toes...

taniaaust1

I used to get numb fingers from laying on my side.. obviously it restricted then the blood flow on the side I was laying on just through laying on a shoulder. You sure your "uncomfortable positions' are not ones which are restricting blood flow to places and in turn then causing numbness in issues. The fact you say the positions are uncomfortable ones, makes me think they may be ones which are restricting flow.

Many of us have low blood volume so are prone to things like that.