• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Guardian article - feedback wanted on coping with illness please

Allyson

The Guardian article - feedback wanted on coping with illness please

from an EDS fb page - please contact ABI via fb

or may post here and i will post the thread liink to fb for those who do not like fb and yet want to offer experiences

Cheers

Abi Stafford
Hey Guys,

I need your help. I'm writing an online article for The Guardian newspaper in the UK about life as a student in Higher education with an invisible disability.

I am in my first year at university and suffer with EDS so this will be mainly what I focus upon in the article. I will consider the prejudices I have faced so far with having an invisible condition as well as the support I have been offered.
I'd be interested to know any of your experiences with how you may have been treated having an invisible condition in the education system.

If you'd like to contribute please message me on Facebook!

Hopefully this national recognition will help raise awareness about invisible Disabilities like EDS!

Thanks,

Abi

ukxmrv

The Guardian newspaper isn't very pleasent to people with ME. Esp if it's the online section. Hope this person gets a good hearing

I was struggling with attending college and having M.E. I was told my my college tutors to go and see a counsellor. When I
was absent they told the rest of the class that I was having some 'personal problems'. I never went back.