• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

teenage chat

Hi,

My wife and three of my daughters have ME/CFS. The youngest of them is about to turn 17 and has had ME/CFS since she was about 5. She's spent little time at school and rarely gets to leave the house. She has recently got a laptop and has been trying to find people to chat and make friends. She's found foggy friends but we live in NZ and so FF is pretty quiet when she's awake. She tried some non ME ones but often ends up talking to guys who are just inappropriate.

Does anyone know of ME chat rooms that will be appropriate for a teenager and will have people awake during NZs day time.

Thanks

Don

Dolphin

she could try the Not Crazy forums (Australia and New Zealand ME/CFS boards), but there is no chat. It is a little quiet, and not sure how many teens.
http://forum.notcrazy.net/index.php

Dolphin, do you know of anything?

FoggyFriends is a big, friendly forum which has a lot of people in teens and 20s which has a chat room:
http://www.foggyfriends.org/forum

However:

We are currently experiencing problems with our new server and are now negotiating a new deal. It's going to take some time to get things sorted.
We will return when everything is working satisfactory.

Log out and relax - Clicking refresh isn't going to speed things up :eek:)
It's mainly for people in the UK but has people from other countries too. Also, people with ME often tend to be awake at odd hours.

People on some of the Facebook groups for parents might have suggestions.

Thanks for those thoughts. She has normal sleep patterns so we thought those we reversed sleep patterns from the uk would be on while she's awake but there are not as many as we thought. We will keep looking. We will check out 'not crazy'

I'm 19 and have had ME for 7 years. If your daughter wants someone to talk to, I'd be happy to give you my email address.

taniaaust1

I remember that a group of young ones from here years ago.. started up their own group or chat. It was for ME ones who were under 25 years old. Maybe someone can put you onto them if they still meet somewhere.

I remember that a group of young ones from here years ago.. started up their own group or chat. It was for ME ones who were under 25 years old. Maybe someone can put you onto them if they still meet somewhere.

I believe the age is for those under 40. I think the name of the website is heelkick.

taniaaust1

I believe the age is for those under 40. I think the name of the website is heelkick.

That isnt the group that was originally from here that I was thinking of, the age was definately 25yrs and younger..Ive never heard of heelkick. I was too old to join the one Im thinking of.