• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Study reveals that severe exercise-induced Myopathy, tissue infiltration with amyloid-containing deposits and metabolic disturbances in Skeletel mscls

JasonPerth

Attachments

• IMG_6665.png
    IMG_6665.png
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6668.png
    IMG_6668.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6666.png
    IMG_6666.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6669.png
    IMG_6669.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

junkcrap50

I think this is just another piece to the puzzle. I'm not sure if any other diseases, particularly neuromuscular diseases, also have amyloid deposits in the muscle tissue (I haven't searched for it), but I would assume no. The metabolic disturbances are consistent with previous me/cfs research.

It appears that these amyloid-containing deposits are the very same microclots that have been found in Long COVID & some ME/CFS patients' blood.

Wishful

If it is found in some PWME, I expect it's a downstream effect of ME in some subgroups, rather than a core part. The only muscle symptom my ME has is neurological aches which were blocked by LDN, which doesn't fit with a theory of deposits or microclots.

Oliver3

This seems like a phenotype reaction . It's so body wide how can it be just a virus or whatever that's causing this.
It's gotta be genetic but why do they never find strong genetic kinks.
In my opinion , you can see a potential sufferer of m.e. before they get it Ill. The pallor, the muscle distribution, gait etc...it's all there

Wishful

In my opinion , you can see a potential sufferer of m.e. before they get it Ill. The pallor, the muscle distribution, gait etc...it's all there
No, I didn't show any signs before my ME. I was healthy and active.

I don't think it's genetic, or rather that it could be a combination of various genes and epigenetic changes that sets the stage for some pathway to snap into an abnormal state.

As for body wide, that's the symptoms, not the core dysfunction. The core dysfunction could be one single pathway in just a few cells in one part of the brain, but the cascade effects could be body-wide. My ME doesn't involve muscle problems or ATP production problems or digestive problems; all the symptoms seem to be neurological in origin.

JasonPerth

No, I didn't show any signs before my ME. I was healthy and active.

I don't think it's genetic, or rather that it could be a combination of various genes and epigenetic changes that sets the stage for some pathway to snap into an abnormal state.

As for body wide, that's the symptoms, not the core dysfunction. The core dysfunction could be one single pathway in just a few cells in one part of the brain, but the cascade effects could be body-wide. My ME doesn't involve muscle problems or ATP production problems or digestive problems; all the symptoms seem to be neurological in origin.
Agreed. Nobody can see it coming. Same with many other random things like cancer and MND. I was 18 and playing sport every second day. One Cough virus later- and ive never been the same since and 7 years later bedbound.

Im unsure on the physical exame an Osteopath that practices the perrin technique. Apparently they can feel physcial parts like the “perrin point” on us including healthy people that are susceptible.
Also the HLA Gene that 24% of the population has.
Apparently 100% of C.I.R.S patients have the gene to get a diagnosis. And many believe MECFS is C.I.R.S
But this is debatable depending who says what