• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Straining in the toilet gives immediate energy - why ?

raghav

when I am too tired if I go squat in the toilet and strain my rectal muscles I immediately get a boost of energy. What is happening and why ?

Wolfcub

Yes, as @sb4 just said, straining does stimulate the vagus nerve....so it might be something to do with that??
And right -blood pressure is another consideration. How is your blood pressure normally?
If it's a bit low that might raise it enough to make you feel better. Low blood pressure can cause some yucky symptoms. Take a look at that maybe.

raghav

Thanks @sb4 and @Wolfcub I have hypertension instead of the hypotension that most people with ME have. I think the vagus nerve stimulation might be the reason. Also could it be that the parasympathetic nervous system is getting activated ? whatever be the reason doctors simply dont understand anything that I say. :bang-head: