• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Straight neck found in fibromyalgia patients

Husband of

See
https://t.co/ZwBGcEV6Ob
Our study consisted of 155 adult female patients with fibromyalgia and 115 adult female controls with a rheumatic disease other than fibromyalgia. We observed that in 83.2% of patients, the cervical spine was straight, with a Cobb angle of 10 degrees or less. In patients with fibromyalgia, the loss of cervical curvature was about 6.5 times greater compared with that of control subjects (50.3% vs 7.8%;

Rufous McKinney

We observed that in 83.2% of patients, the cervical spine was straight,

wish I could figure out how to figure this out (without the MRI of course)

The Florida Prolotherapy Group/ Dr. Hauser: he goes after the loss of curvature and they use weird weights and straps. You walk around wearing that for quite a while.

My problem is structural back issues since the first photo of me as a toddler. One place is messed up. By the time your an adult, thats most of the spine and at 69, I'm in fairly big trouble here.

I do not have the proper curve in ANY location of my spine let alone my neck.