• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Specific muscle problems in ME: forearm

Woof!

Thanks. I don't know if physical therapists do that sort of thing here. Will find out.

In the case of my painful, swollen knee (with both pain and swelling coming and going with activity over a few months), my PT found that it occurred due to a problem in a nearby muscle attachment. A little dry needling and - tada! - no more issue with the knee.

filfla4

Are you sure that there is no allergic reaction involved? I don't know exactly but afaik Malta is no risk area for mosquitoes but perhaps other nasty stuff. Was redness involved? Was it warm?
Cancer would normally show up in blood work and this type there would be an enormous tumor. It's not I'm sure, because you sad it gets better and worse.

But you have lymph nods inside of your forearm

https://d3i71xaburhd42.cloudfront.net/c0e5e833e44ea2cae232e467be0e049611830ce3/2-Figure1-1.png

Could be related. Any other symptoms?

It's maybe just an oedema that goes as it came.

Here are some information

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/swollen-arms-and-hands-oedema/
Thanks @Martin aka paused||M.E. No, I don't think this is an allergy issue. Yes, we have a lot of mosquitoes here and of course I get butchered, while my husband sitting right next to me doesn't get bitten once. But I don't think this is a skin/allergy thing. It feels deep down. Also, don't think it's an oedema. I'm used to that with the heat we have here. I think this is muscular or tendon or nerve related. (unless it's an undiagnosed cancer).

filfla4

In the case of my painful, swollen knee (with both pain and swelling coming and going with activity over a few months), my PT found that it occurred due to a problem in a nearby muscle attachment. A little dry needling and - tada! - no more issue with the knee.
Thanks @Dr.Lynne I've identified a physio clinic that does dry needling. I might get in touch with them next week.

Woof!

Thanks @Dr.Lynne I've identified a physio clinic that does dry needling. I might get in touch with them next week.
Oh, I'm so glad! I have had dry needling done by three different physical therapists over the years. Two were proficient enough, but they did not have the intuitive sense to know immediately what was going on. The third PT (who was actually the first one I saw shortly before she moved out of state) was my angel. She knew immediately what to do, and fortunately for me, she has moved back into the area, so I'm seeing her again. Yey! What a godsend!