• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shoulder pain from computer

Sunday

While I was writing my long epistle above, other people were putting up all kinds of useful stuff - good thread. I particularly like Victoria's method of pain relief (or distraction)! By which I don't mean Rescue Remedy...but that's a good idea, hadn't thought of using it for this purpose. I did put it on my father once when he was in the middle of a TIA and we were getting him to the hospital; later he remembered it and said it made him feel good.

leelaplay

Good ideas - hadn't thought of rescue remedy for this. Arnica does work for me at times (and you can get different strengths) - great tip re combining it with lavender oil. I also use topical diclophenac 4%gel - in Canada you need a prescription for this, but was told they just started selling weaker strengths over the counter. Not sure how it is in the states.

I really try to use ergonomics + trying to not overdo at one time to avoid it, but doesn't always work.