• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sensitive scalp?

Nielk

I wonder if anyone has the same or similar symptom of having a super-sensitive scalp?
Anything that touches my scalp whether a brush, hand, hat. it results in very painful sensation.

Any clue as to why this happens?

aprilk1869

My dad had those problems but is now better because of Freddd's protocol. My dad wasn't officially diagnosed with anything however he had many ME-like symptoms. He couldn't even wear socks because the elastic dug into his skin causing him pain. I put it down to allodynia caused by nutritional deficiencies such as b12 and magnesium.

Wayne

Any clue as to why this happens?

Hi @Nielk,

Not sure why this happens, but I have very sensitive scalp as well. Was wondering if you're still dealing with this. I feel I'm starting to slowly get some insights into my own sensitivities, but I still have much more to consider.

Best, Wayne