• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sebelius Tweet re Infectious Disease

Ren

Dear Secretary Sebelius - On 13 February 2014 you tweeted, "Everyone deserves the human dignity of being protected from infectious disease." In what ways, Secretary Sebelius, will HHS begin/maintain chronic gastrointestinal enterovirus infection research/testing/treatment, in order to preserve such individuals' human dignity? In what ways will HHS work to create significantly accurate testing methods for Lyme (borrelia / neuroborreliosis)? Etc.

If Sebelius had a narrow focus regarding which types of infection/microbe control she equates with human dignitity, then she shouldn't have made a blanket statement using the generic term "infectious disease" - in my opinion.

If severity of ME - as claimed by some researchers - is associated with intensity/severity of initial infection, then protection from infectious disease includes recognition and immediate treatment of infection before it progresses to a worsened state. Likewise, those harmed to whatever degree by gastrointestinal infections deserve treatment for this infectious disease state.

I think we need to keep an eye out for what's being said and done throughout HHS, etc. and piggyback however we can, if it can benefit even a minority of ME/CFS patients in varying degrees.

--------------------

Edit: I just wanted to add the link below bc I was thinking that someone (Vanelzakker) had also proposed localized vagal nerve infection ("what happens in vagal, stays in vagal!" - sorry that was really bad). But I am NOT a science person, so please forgive/correct errors or out-dated info. http://simmaronresearch.com/2013/09...markers-few-viruses-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

Last edited: