• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Romsey Advertiser: Report on death of Man After Years of Fighting ME

Countrygirl

https://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/...0Wd6Tf1dIQnGsf0Wk6mLyEHOlpTtBiVEmV-eXuOI6rgFw

8 hrs agoMan took overdose after years fighting chronic fatigue syndrome
By Elliott BinksTrainee reporter
9569857.jpg

Winchester Coroners Court

0 comment

A MAN who fought a “horrendous” illness with “unbelievable character” for much of his life overdosed on prescription drugs an inquest heard.
Mark Lutring was found dead in his home in Sunnyside Close, Charlton, on November 23 last year at the age of 51.
At an inquest at Winchester Coroners Court last Friday, senior coroner Grahame Short heard that Mr Lutring suffered from myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), also known as chronic fatigue syndrome, and the illness significantly affected him mentally.
His death was ruled a “drug related death” after it was found he had a mixture of prescription medication in his system. However, Mr Short was unable to confirm the source the medication as “not all of them were prescribed” by Mr Lutring’s GP.
Mr Lutring had spent much of his life fighting ME, a long-term illness with many symptoms including extreme tiredness, sleep problems, muscle or joint pain, flu-like symptoms and more.
The severity of symptoms can vary from day to day............................................

Diwi9

Administrator
May Mark Lutring be at peace. Another person with ME/CFS failed by the medical system. May this be the last story about a person dying from this illness necessary to tip the scale to finally make a change.