• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remdesevir for COVID 19

I talked to one of the top infections
disease doctors. He treats COVID 19
patients. He said Remdesevir helps
but they don’t have enough.
What can be done about this?

Last edited:

JES

I have never heard about a doctor who treats ME/CFS with remdesivir. A course of remdesivir against COVID-19 costs several thousands of dollars, so taking this as some form of maintenance therapy for ME/CFS would be hugely expensive, not to mention it has to be administered IV.

I don't think there is really anything we can do about it, there isn't enough remdesivir to even treat COVID-19 patients.

The first step would be to demonstrate that remdesivir actually has any effect in ME/CFS, so far there is no evidence.

This medication has some serious side effects:

"Cohort of 53 hospitalized patients in manufacturer's compassionate-use program: Adverse events (e.g., increased hepatic enzymes, diarrhea, rash, renal impairment, hypotension) reported in 60% of patients; serious adverse events (e.g., multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, septic shock, acute kidney injury, hypotension) reported in 23%; drug discontinued because of adverse events in 8% of patients. "

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/remdesivir-side-effects.html