• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Refund for a test?

Tella

Can anyone tell me if I can get a refund for a blood test in the UK? A doc in a private clinic recommended it. I took it. Afterwards I researched and realized it’s not. A valid test and shows nothing. In fact it’s more confusing! I’m annoyed, the doc said her clinic won’t refund. I’m planning to contact the lab who actually did the test but doubt they will refund. Don’t they have to refund me for a product/service I didn’t like, and not just that, that’s actually invalid???

taniaaust1

I suppose if you got the results.. you already got an actual product and it's one which can not be returned. Usually when someone buys something and gets a refund.. they are able to return it. It would be like someone dying in the family and burying them in a coffin and then saying you do not like the coffin.

You could complain though about a dr recommending and getting you to pay for invalid tests I'd think.

Tella

I suppose if you got the results.. you already got an actual product and it's one which can not be returned. Usually when someone buys something and gets a refund.. they are able to return it. It would be like someone dying in the family and burying them in a coffin and then saying you do not like the coffin.

You could complain though about a dr recommending and getting you to pay for invalid tests I'd think.
I get it. But the doc says it was my choice to get it done. However it was presented me as something it’s not (the test). She thinks it can show things and sent me some small studies which say ‘potentially’ and show some promise to ‘chrohns n Ibs patients’ which has nothing to do with ME! I defo don’t have these illnesses. So not sure how to get my money back as the clinic just said no. I’m still under the doc’s care. She said I can find another doc if I don’t like her approach. I would have if she refunded me!!

taniaaust1

sure she has not diagnosed you with IBS.. IBS is common in ME so I can understand her taking this approach if that is the case. She may of diagnosed you with having it but not told you she has.

Tella

sure she has not diagnosed you with IBS.. IBS is common in ME so I can understand her taking this approach if that is the case. She may of diagnosed you with having it but not told you she has.
Nope. I don’t have any symptoms at all. The point is she tried to send me studies showing the test is valid but tre studies only talk about the test potentially helping ibs patients. Nothing to do with my symptoms.