• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recommendations to diet and supplements after testing positive for mycotoxins

I tested positive for all four mycotoxins in my Real Time Labs test, and three scores are very high.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.32.47 PM.png

I'm moving to a new apt shortly cause there's mold in my apt, and a lab tested it and it came back with lots of species, and the air quality indoors is slightly more toxic than outside the building.

Real Time Labs report shows mapping between each of the toxins and different symptoms I've been dealing with the last year and a half, so it's been enlightening. Mold is definitely the major factor in my ME/CFS symptoms.

Anyone who tested positive for mycotoxins have experience with dietary changes or supplements they'd recommend? I've been on a modified paleo diet for 2 months as per my doctor (basically paleo with an occasional pasta) and I've lost some more weight in body fat. I'm very lean now, which I think is good, though it turns out my major weight loss last year (over 30 lbs) was all tied to these toxins.

I'm on a range of supplements my doctor recommends and we haven't introduced anything yet for the mycotoxin cleansing but we might, once I move.

Curious if others have suggestions on diet or supplements, or anything else for that matter. I trust my doc but always good to get insights from patients.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3

Wishful

I wouldn't invest a lot of money just based on some numbers that may not mean much. Your numbers might be slightly elevated compared to some statistically average human, but what it means in effects on your health may be quite different. Someone might show 10x higher numbers but show no symptoms, while another person shows 1/10th the levels but gets sick whenever they visit a place with minor levels of mold. My test of how much mold affects me would be to stay in a definitely mold-free environment for at least a few days to see if that makes a difference, and unless the symptoms are really disabling, I'd sniff some mold directly and see whether that really does trigger the symptoms.

I
I wouldn't invest a lot of money just based on some numbers that may not mean much. Your numbers might be slightly elevated compared to some statistically average human, but what it means in effects on your health may be quite different. Someone might show 10x higher numbers but show no symptoms, while another person shows 1/10th the levels but gets sick whenever they visit a place with minor levels of mold. My test of how much mold affects me would be to stay in a definitely mold-free environment for at least a few days to see if that makes a difference, and unless the symptoms are really disabling, I'd sniff some mold directly and see whether that really does trigger the symptoms.
I’m trusting my doctor on this and moving and I want to move anyway to another neighborhood. But I see your point. I’ve lived here over 11 years and I think it’s fair to say from my mycotoxin report that I’m struggling with these toxins. Smelling mold is a loose test. You don’t necessarily just start getting symptoms instantly and for me I already have toxins in my body at very high levels based on the lab work, so any symptoms I experience are rooted in what’s already in my body, and can’t be attributed just to smelling mold.