• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Predictors of Fatigue in ME/CFS and Multiple Sclerosis Patients

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Project Title: Predictors of subjective fatigue in three samples: chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis patients and university student controls Investigators: Rhonda Brown, PhD.; Einar B. Thorsteinsson, PhD., University of New England, Australia.

The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression, viral infection symptoms, sleep disturbance, and a number of specific stressors, unhealthy behaviours, psychosocial factors, and cognitions. Fatigue often has a physiological basis (e.g. viral infection), but previous research has shown that fatigue also has psychological aspects.

This research is intended to help us better understand the way in which psychological factors impact on fatigue over a period of time. Participants will be asked to complete set of questionnaires three times (i.e., now, 6 months from now, and then 12 months from now).

If you are interested in participating in this study, or would like more information before you decide, please click on this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=sAu4Ep2exYGsdAW_2bc6UQMg_3d_3d