• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Positive for Echovirus, Results from BioAgilytix (Cambridge Biomedical)

Hello folks,

I just got back the test results for my Echovirus sample that I sent out via Labcorp to BioAgilytix (formerly Cambridge Biomedical) .... Quest was a nightmare but that's another conversation. Echovirus 6, 7, and 30 seems to be culprit. :(

According to Enterovirus Foundation it states that "Titers of 1:160-320 and higher are good indicators of current infection." Now their website only recommends to use ARUP.

However, from discussions in this forum and also from the CFS Roadmap, I read they are a recommended alternative. Should I be concerned or it is fine? Thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-10-24 at 9.56.35 AM.png

Hip

Yes, Dr Chia calibrated the ARUP lab tests for use in ME/CFS, and as you say, he states that titres of 1:160 to 1:320 or higher are indicators of an active infection.

I would assume a similar threshold can be applied to BioAgilytix (though in theory I believe each lab would need to be calibrated for use with ME/CFS).

Back