• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Polymylagia rheumatica and temporal arteritis?

Violeta

The substances that they found to be elevated were glutamate and PGE2.

I found this outside of the linked study.
" High glutamate can be marker of vitamin B6 deficiency."

https://journals.lww.com/pain/Abstract/2011/05000/Elevated_muscle_interstitial_levels_of.26.aspx

Elevated muscle interstitial levels of pain-inducing substances in symptomatic muscles in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica

Has anyone tried ashwagandha?

Has anyone tried GABA?

GABA-B receptors are present as autoreceptors that inhibit GABA release or heteroreceptors that reduce the release of glutamate, norepinephrine, serotonin, or dopamine.

vision blue

Has anyone tried ashwagandha?

Has anyone tried GABA?

GABA-B receptors are present as autoreceptors that inhibit GABA release or heteroreceptors that reduce the release of glutamate, norepinephrine, serotonin, or dopamine.

I have patches that have bith gaba and melatonin. I dont know which compenent helos, but i feel a littke better with them. Only use it overnight every other day so i dont develop too much tolerance

I never tested my glutimate levels but i def react bay to glutinatre- headache , sonetimes myoclonus at night, visual auras.

The ash substance so familiar but cant place it and hard to look up right now. Im sure theres some reason i cant have it...

Violeta

A long shot but anyone have either or both of these? (they can occur together). These too are believed to occur after a viral infection and with mysterious etiology and theres no definitive diagnostic test. Theres also tons of fatigue as well as pain and limited mobility (for PR) often in shoulders, neck, hips thighs, but can be other places . For TA theres visual issues, headaches, can be scalp pain, can be face pain (danger of blindness)

Usually effects older people but i think it may be under diagnosed in younger people

Im wondering a tuallky if i have both given symptoms Unfortunately i wont be able to convince anyone because my hs CRP is ALWAYS very low even if i had raging fever and SED rarely elevated. And even tho articles say these can be normal in up to 40 percent of those with the disorders, if these non specific markers are normal they just shrug and wont consider the possibility further
I just found some interesting info that seems to apply to polymyalgia rheumatica.

I was reading about heparan sulfate, because it is what herpesviruses use to get into cells.

Then I saw something about heparanase, it cleaves heparan sulfate.

Something made we wondering if heparin would help with giant cell arteritis (have to go back and see exactly what took me there), and it does.

Heparin therapy in giant cell arteritis​

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1772017/

Looked it up with respect to polymyalgia rheumatica, found this drug,

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/fda-approves-sarilumab-for-adults-with-polymyalgia-rheumatica

See this? Heparanase Inhibitors, that's the key.

vision blue

Cery cool as i just sent you in a PM. Question - is that monoclonal antibody for PR a heriponase inhibitor? I only saw that it blocks iL-6. in the link you shared

Violeta

You are right, the new drug for polymyalgia rheumatica is not a heparanase inhibitor.

I'm sorry for the confusion, I was tired and didn't take the time to review everything.

I do see the next link I posted about heparin where they did studies with it for improving the eye sight of people with giant cell arteritis.

Heparin is the heparanase inhibitor. So I guess the confusion was the placement of the sentences and links is where the confusion came in.

So the link about the heparin and giant cell arteritis is this link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1772017/