• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PEM v fatigue breads fatigue

Emmarose47

Hi
I don't seem to be able to push myself this winter and I'm not sure this is a good thing..
In my old place it was a large house. Didn't used to have the heat on in the daytime, unless really cold and this promoted me living a more outdoor lifestyle
e. g sitting with window open and wearing outdoor clothes then I would go into the garden and walk a little around the property.
This yr I'm in a small apartment with unkind neighbours and only communal outdoor space. I'm having the heating on and the last thing I want to do is go outside. I can't seem to bring myself to change it and get myself outside more (when the unkind neighbours arnt there.
I have the window open sometimes. My body doesn't feel good at all and I've come to a place in my recovery where I. D questioning my fatigue breading fatigue due to inactivity..
As I write this I realise I could just make a small change and gradually increase. Doing a little yoga feels a good start..

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
If you could somehow get a scooter or an electric wheel chair, would that help you to get out more? I know not as much as we enter into winter, but maybe other times or on good weather days?

At least that way, the scooter could take you further away from the unkind neighbors. ???

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

This yr I'm in a small apartment with unkind neighbours and only communal outdoor space. I'm having the heating on and the last thing I want to do is go outside. I can't seem to bring myself to change it and get myself outside more (when the unkind neighbours arnt there.

understand what you mean...I was in an upstairs apartment for six years, communal outside lost its bench, chairs and friendly atmosphere. I rarely went outside. yes, I could open the window...lucky there. Things improved a bit, when my irritating neighbor moved out. (yes I had one, too).

(like one day, after a big disagreement on the staircase, as she walked down it, she made this comment to me about how HEALTHY she is.....) (to me, a quasi invalid and the fight was over somebody trashed the stairs and I cannot clean them any longer: she claims she had cleaned them up: NO YOU DID NOT).

I love that I no longer live anywhere near that person. Cyanara.

and wearing outdoor clothes then I would go into the garden and walk a little around the property.

I think this may be where you can shift some of this around a bit. If I put on outdoor clothes and actual shoes and attempt to comb my hair (not something I'm big on).......I'm more likely to get outside for a little bit in some form or fashion.

Here, I'll walk to my front gate. Open it up. An entire world is outside it. I can lean there, for a few minutes and people walk past, I'll sometimes nod. A lady said hello to me passing by in English. (they speak something else altogether around here). I'll feel slightly alive, I might think about how I intend to get across the street one day and see if any decent Vitamins are in that shop. Or buy ice cream on the corner.

I'm talking 50-75 feet away. Like toss a rock.

(however, when I close the gate, and come back in, its oddly isolating....I have to sort of get thru the next few minutes and readjust to this darn Rest/Pace/Rest MORe syndrome.)

Rufous McKinney

Doing a little yoga feels a good start..

a great video was posted here the other day with some modified Win Hoff breathing work.

I did an little breathing/ it felt good after wards.

Everything is too dried out, to really breath that way, but my PT person suggested it, and I"ve been noticing my diaphragm lately. So I modify, the modified version. DO NOT PUSH.

linusbert

Hi
I don't seem to be able to push myself this winter and I'm not sure this is a good thing..
In my old place it was a large house. Didn't used to have the heat on in the daytime, unless really cold and this promoted me living a more outdoor lifestyle
e. g sitting with window open and wearing outdoor clothes then I would go into the garden and walk a little around the property.
I have the window open sometimes. My body doesn't feel good at all and I've come to a place in my recovery where I. D questioning my fatigue breading fatigue due to inactivity..
As I write this I realise I could just make a small change and gradually increase. Doing a little yoga feels a good start..
after reading this i have a theory that physical activity isnt the main problem here.
you seam to be greatly affected by the negativity of your neighbour. this kind of psycho stress can really drain your batteries empty especially as it seams that it makes you averse to go out.

how can you fix the situation with the neighbour?

as one of our greatest minds recently said, just tell them to "go F yourself" - if thats an option.

Last edited:

Emmarose47

Thanks all not well enough for scooter.. That caused this yrs deterioration..
Linus I'm laughing but that wouldn't be my way of doing things.. I just need to suck it up it's all petty stuff and not directly directed at me and in the grand scheme of things I need to get out so that's what I'll do..

Emmarose47

Thanks Rufous it's good to hear your experinece..
Yep that's were I came to this morn have a coat and hat handy and visable and wrap up and get out... I know this will help my cabin fever and grateful I can do it some arnt so fortunate and they are my strength...

Emmarose47

a great video was posted here the other day with some modified Win Hoff breathing work.

I did an little breathing/ it felt good after wards.

Everything is too dried out, to really breath that way, but my PT person suggested it, and I"ve been noticing my diaphragm lately. So I modify, the modified version. DO NOT PUSH.
Wim is fabulous..
Today I had lunch with the big window open and it's so windy today I got a good dose of oxygen... My brain woke up..
It showed me lack of oxygen living in said apartment with ehat on is not good..
Without enough clean oxygen of course will effect the bodies function..

Rufous McKinney

Without enough clean oxygen of course will effect the bodies function..
could you obtain a house plant? or several?

They have found one of the Draceanas lowers humidity in the room, thereby reducing mold and mold spores. (probably all kinds of plants do this)

Plants make the oxygen.