• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P2X7 receptor polymorphism linked to Bipolar Disorder

SlamDancin

@S-VV Different username over on RP but I am a huge fan of Haidut. I have an ongoing dialogue with him and we’ve talked ME/CFS pretty extensively. He’s got an interesting take on CFS we can PM about.

Jackb23

@Jackb23 how's that purinol experiment going? I'm thinking of trying it myself

I’ve been using it with success, but not exactly in the way I initially thought I would be. I use it as an “as needed” medicine. I have found that it’s very helpful for when I feel agitated or “wired but tired.” My agitation is weird, it’s not an angry agitation or a hyperactive agitation, it’s more of a mental pain as if I’m holding onto an electric fence. It is extremely bizarre. Anyways, allopurinol has been extremely helpful for this— a lot better than any neuroleptic. However, I do not take it constantly because every now and then it will make me a bit more tired. All in all, it’s been a good medicine for me to have in my arsenal.

pattismith

@pattismith Hey just stumbled on this thread and wanted to suggest IP-6/Inositol as both inhibit XO. I also take a product called Cardenosine (that includes 100mg Inosine) that you should google to further attempt to compensate for lack of ATP production.
Yes, I took Inosine + Inositol and did well with it, until I started Testosterone. I'm still with Testosterone now, and don't need Inosine/inositol any longer. (Testo improved my spine mechanic/spine muscle tone)

pattismith

I make the hypothesis that MBL deficiency may increase P2X7R ATP binding and consequent P2X7 activation and inflammation...
fimmu-09-01295-g001.jpg

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2018.01295/full