• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxymatrine and Arbidol (umifenovir) togehter?

JohnnyMinnesota99

Hello everybody,

Some of you know me since I have posted some threads so far. I had an infection in June 2016 and have been suffered from CFS symptoms ever since. However, my personal recovery has been going on so that I would describe myself as an 8 out of 10 points (CFS level).

Since I have elevated antibody levels for Coxsackie B5, I have taken sodium selenite for six months and Oxymatrine for three months now. Moreover, I have taken 800 mg Arbidol per day (umifenovir) for 10 days now.

Does anybody happen to know if Arbidol and Oxymatrine can be taken togehter? Or do you know about any potential adversary effects so these two drugs might negatively affect each other's effect?

I haven't found anything negative about including selenium, but I'd like to ask you nonetheless: Any problems with taking selenium (sodium selenite in my case) in combination with Arbidol and Oxymatrine?

For all I know, both Arbidol and Oxymatrine can inhibit IL-10. Biochemically, that's all I know.

Best wishes and all the best to you all!!

Johnny Minnesota

Swim15

Oxymatrine is used for enterovirus infections....Arbidol targets coxsackie virus infections. Can't think of a reason I wouldn't use them together

JohnnyMinnesota99

Thank you for your answer. Anything you know about Arbidol's limits in that it is only effective for an acute infection? Some say so, but I don't know wheter or not it is true.

Swim15

Why would that be? Honestly there isn’t a ton of literature on it, at at least no English lit. It’s effective against CV5 so I’d stay on it

JohnnyMinnesota99

Hello... Good question. Too be honest, I don't know. It could have been the case that aridol helped me, but it's hard to tell.. I took it for approx. 2,5 months...

Best wishes

Johnny