• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Not xmrv but herv k?!

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
I was reading the article provided - http://discovermagazine.com/2010/jun/03-the-insanity-virus/article_view?b_start:int=1&-C= .....
Add to this 15 to 25 is regarded as span for onset, and schizophrenics born in winter to early spring months, its suspicious to say the least. The HERV k18 is lookin good. But, it may all be coincidental, God knows.

Should we have a birth month poll?

Unfortunately it could be more complicated if common viruses can reactivate HERVs via the mother during gestation. Perhaps developmental stage determines or predisposes one for the exact type of illness that results (schizophrenia; MS; Lupus; bipolar disorder; ALS - ME/CFS)?

Daffodil

i wonder if, once activated, HERV's have to be treated continuously, or can we take ARV's for a limited time period to silence them..?

my guess would be that we need to treat them forever