• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Norway's Directorate of Health Apologises for Treatment of ME Patients

Smygen

Not so serious ;)
Interesting but how does that help anyone?

I think it helps us alot, since it was cancer doc's that found this out
;)
They were treating a woman with both cancer and me for her cancer, and all of her me issues went away. And she kept chasing them, wanting more of the meds, after her cancer was gone.
Then they tried with her and another one, with me. and they got the same result for both of them. After that, they started the trial

Now, they are testing this on 4 bedridden with me. So for cancer doc's to do this, it has to be big !!!
;)

And, if i remember correctly from the "Invest in me-dvd"....... It works best on persons with elevated CD20 (something with the b-cells)

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
This makes me proud that I am part Scandinavian. So how long until the U.S. National Institute of Health apologizes?

Is this the same medication they are using now to treat rheumatoid arthritis also. So do they have any idea what immune cells we are having trouble with? Is it the immune cells within the spinal cord (glial cells and in particular microglia)?

Does this have anything to do with blood tests coming back with elevated B-cell counts and low T-cells? Is it the B-cells that are overactive?

Smygen

Not so serious ;)
They are quite clear about that they don't know much about why we improve. But because we do, and the way we do it, they belive (they don't know) that me is an auto immune illness.
I did see some other measurements done (several other CD's) in the patients. But i don't remember other than the CD20 levels (that might be the casing of the b-cells, but not quite sure) , since that was what they talked about, and had graphs of.

Nielk

Why is this so much different than Ampligen? Ampligen I believe had a 30% success rate and those people REALLY got all better. It's true that some, after a while, have to go back on it but I believe that with this new medicine the affect didn't stick beyond the study period?

Dreambirdie

work in progress