• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NGO for research

perrier

Fondation Internationale de recherche EM
Internationale ME-Forschungsstiftung
Fundación internacional de investigación ME
Fondazione internazionale per la ricerca sulla ME
Międzynarodowa fundacja badawcza ME

something to work on, I guess; and I haven't even started with Cyrillic. :))))))

Martin aka paused||M.E.

It has to be short and catchy and most importantly: understandable for everyone.

The problem with global is that I don't know-how the court will react to it. A German NGO (”Verein”) is not supposed to do international things.

I think “Research for M.E.” is fine. I don't see any issues. Since I don't know what has all been removed I don't know if anyone really sees an issue here.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

The whole thing makes me so angry. I don't know what has all been removed so I don't know your thoughts but I'm thinking about giving it just a German name and don't care about international research.

Issues where no such should exist. It's so ridiculous how people fight with each other over small things. I really don't know why we do that. If that's part of our human nature I don't know.

GlassCannonLife

The whole thing makes me so angry. I don't know what has all been removed so I don't know your thoughts but I'm thinking about giving it just a German name and don't care about international research.

Issues where no such should exist. It's so ridiculous how people fight with each other over small things. I really don't know why we do that. If that's part of our human nature I don't know.

What was removed where?

I'm personally not a fan of "Research for ME" as it is generic and not really catchy. But it is fine, it is up to you after all! Is it only going to be focused on research? No advocacy or policy change etc? Maybe "Change for ME" would encompass more things.?

I don't think a German name would be useful - please don't let the naming issues get to you. It is still important to integrate as much of the community as possible to move this forward as much as you can. Without knowing you from here, there is no way I'd spontaneously choose a German-sounding ME research fund to donate money to, and I imagine that would be the case for a lot of people.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

What was removed where?

I'm personally not a fan of "Research for ME" as it is generic and not really catchy. But it is fine, it is up to you after all! Is it only going to be focused on research? No advocacy or policy change etc? Maybe "Change for ME" would encompass more things.?

I don't think a German name would be useful - please don't let the naming issues get to you. It is still important to integrate as much of the community as possible to move this forward as much as you can. Without knowing you from here, there is no way I'd spontaneously choose a German-sounding ME research fund to donate money to, and I imagine that would be the case for a lot of people.
You are making a very good point here…

It's main focus is funding science but to achieve that you of cause have to do PR and lobbying and so on.

I will think of a name nobody has and then let the members decide.

BTW: The former name was generic too.

Last edited by a moderator:

perrier

Animals are territorial.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Sounds good, where do we vote?
First I have to found the NGO. That will take time bc it's very bureaucratic in Germany (the court and the tax office have to give the go). We have to do a voting of the founding members beforehand and that must then be recorded and so on.
So if you want to become a founding member, then please then I'll let you know when the vote will take place

perrier

First I have to found the NGO. That will take time bc it's very bureaucratic in Germany (the court and the tax office have to give the go). We have to do a voting of the founding members beforehand and that must then be recorded and so on.
So if you want to become a founding member, then please then I'll let you know when the vote will take place
It’s a very good name Martin! Bravo.

jaybee00

I've chosen the name “Help M.E.” bc I feel that it expresses what we need and what this NGO stands for. I hope the members will vote for it.

Not loving this name. Better to have a German name? Also I strongly prefer ME/CFS to ME. CFS is the most commonly used term in North America, and as such ME/CFS is a good compromise name. Also another problem is if people do a google search for "me", it will be pretty useless, as me is one of the top 50 most common words in the English language. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English