• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New patent applications posted for treatment of ME/CFS by Klaus Wirth’s company MITODICURE out of Germany

Marylib

Last edited:

SlamDancin

A quick look into currently available NHE1 inhibitors shows that the diuretic drug Amiloride, although it has ASIC inhibitory activity as well, inhibits NHE1 in the heart/kidneys. I couldn’t find evidence that it also inhibits NHE1 in skeletal muscle specifically but there is some research in mice showing it can prevent muscle wasting in cancer. It is used in humans to lower blood pressure and I may be able to get one of my BP meds switched to Amiloride to test. If anyone has any thoughts on that I’d love to hear it.

Dude

The patents pertain to the use of various inhibitors that can inhibit or block the activity of certain processes in the body. Investigations have been conducted on NHE1 inhibitors, which have shown that high sodium chloride concentrations can lead to significant loss of strength. These inhibitors, such as Cariporide and Rimeporide, reduce strength loss by 50-70% compared to baseline by reducing sodium influx and treating muscle fatigue.

Additionally, they enhance mitochondrial function, helping alleviate symptoms like pain and muscle cramps associated with chronic fatigue. Various substances have been tested for PDE7 inhibitors, aimed at preserving muscle strength and reducing muscle fatigue. For instance, "No. 8A" was able to maintain muscle strength by about 80% compared to the control group.

These inhibitors work by reducing sodium overload in muscle cells and improving mitochondrial function, contributing to the relief of symptoms such as pain, muscle fatigue, and chronic fatigue. PDE7 inhibitors like "No.1M" have also been studied, preserving muscle strength by approximately 73.7% compared to the control group. They also reduce sodium overload in muscle cells and enhance mitochondrial function, aiding in the relief of symptoms like pain, muscle fatigue, and chronic fatigue.

Credits to Sonja Kohl for the info.

Carl

I'll pass on this TBH. I will CURE it myself after working out the cause from the minefield of false and
misleading research. I have an intense dislike of ideas like this which wants everyone dependent on pharma drugs in the same way as statins. No thanks not for me because taking drugs to treat illnesses does not fix the problem. The inflammation continues to cause damage which inevitably causes a need for further drugs to treat other resulting conditions. It's madness IMO.