• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New energy supplement- is it worth it?

A family friend send this my way and I am not sure if it is worth the $120/month...

https://www.theenergyblueprint.com/.../Ultimate-Guide-to-Energy-Enhancement-3_6.pdf

The document itself has some helpful information in it, but it was essentially created to sell this supplement, which makes me weary.

It is basically a supplement that contains 23 ingredients that are supposedly helpful for increasing energy. Has anyone heard of it or have experience with it?

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 12.13.24 PM.png

Hd-x

23 ingredients sounds nice and the composition looks good so far, the problem is still if you dont tolerate any ingredients = you will not know what ingredients causes whatever so problems.
Another problem is as more is added = as less you get at last.
For example Creatine, sufficent doses are 2-5g ---> 500mg will do nothing.
Same for D-Ribose, Carnithin and so on.
Curcumin, Quercetin is just worthless if it isnt Mizell, liposomal or in any other way chelated to increase biovalibly.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@tiredgirl928 - I agree with @Hd-x - some of the ingredients might be very good for you but there's no way to tell what is doing what, taking them all at once. You might react badly to some of the ingredients. Also, as @Hd-x said, most of the doses are very small. e.g. for d-ribose it's generally recommended to take 10 - 15 grams a day, more than 12 times what is in that supplement.

NT factor, one of the highest ingredients and probably one of the priciest, did nothing for me.

In general I think it's best to just try one thing at a time. It would be nice to have it all in one package like this, but I don't think it's a good idea.

eta: fwiw, branched chain amino acids have helped me and several others on this forum a lot. There are several threads about BCAAs you might want to look into. And d-ribose did help me noticeably, but again at a dose of 10 to 15 grams a day.

@Hd-x @Learner1 @Mary Thank you all so much for your opinion! I have been having such a hard time taking so many different capsules, so I thought this might do the trick, but you are right about the dosages. I'll report back here if I do decide to give it a try :). I react poorly to d-ribose, so I'm maybe the lower dose would be fine.

xebex

The best thing about that ingredient list is it breaks down what all the ingredients are and why they help with the energy. NAC and ALA are the only thing on that list that has helped me and I’ve tried NT factor several times (each time it made me hyper sensitive to stimuli) and all of the 2nd group, with no luck. PQQ seemed to help for 2 weeks but then I crashed big time with it, am guessing cos I didn’t have the support of the other substances. Think it’s important to test all individual ingredients but also be aware that most of them need supporting factors, ie NAC needs selenium and molybdenum. Which aren’t even in that list. Thanks for the info though, it could be giving me clues as to where I need more support with the NAD+ regeneration stuff.

Last edited:

Hd-x

I have been having such a hard time taking so many different capsules, so I thought this might do the trick, but you are right about the dosages.
I know it takes longer and it isnt the first time any comfortable,
but if you buy single stuff from bulksellers and try 1 thing first and if it works you add the next thing =
you will somedays have a dosing regime that fits for you and it will be cheaper in the long run, because you dont purchase for any stuff that obvisously didnt work for you.
Once you have found the best working ATP supps for you --> most off the Mitochondria support powder (D-Ribose, MSP, Creatine, ß-Alanin, HMB, Q10, Carnithine or whatever so) you can usually mix all together in just 1 shake/drink.

A little bit different herbs or any supps/drugs that modulates the immune system,
imo it is in such a case more wise to try only supps that adresses immune problems depending on yours bloodwork.
What I mean with this,
if you have for example high IL8 = Quercetin, Curcumin or whatever so may be the way to go.
If you have high IL4 = Cholin or whatever so may perhaps work.
If you have a TH2 shift, a combination off this and that herb/supp may be the way to go.
if you have any viral, bacterial, fungi problems, any compounds or drugs that adresses this are needed
- and so on and so on.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

the problem is still if you dont tolerate any ingredients = you will not know what ingredients causes whatever so problems.
I agree wholeheartedly, also with @Mary. COmpounds with this many ingredoents make it impossible to isolate any one or two ingredients that you might react negatively to.
Another problem is as more is added = as less you get at last.
I also agree with @Hd-x again.

This looks like what I call a Kitchen Sink preparation. The manufacturers did little google search isolating a boatload of ingredients which may have shown up in research studies and papers as being helpful, but inevitably in much higher amounts than those contained in this incredibly overpriced, undoubtedly way overhyped supplement, and BINGO!!! You've got a real money-maker with little or no benefit to the average user beyond a pleasant placebo effect, if you're lucky, and possibly some deeply unpleasant adverse side-effects if you're not.

Last edited: