• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Negative Hsv-2 igg when I know I have it? Sign of immune dificiency?

ChookityPop

Why do I test negative for hsv2 when I know I have it? Could it be a sign of immune deficiency?

Anyone else had similar stuff?

vorwiegend enterale Viren.jpg

Aidan Walsh

Antibodies of past infections, that is all they are. My microbiologist one of the top HIV/AIDS Doctors on the planet his words were 'you will take your antibodies to your grave' they are not causing illness

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Antibodies of past infections, that is all they are. My microbiologist one of the top HIV/AIDS Doctors on the planet his words were 'you will take your antibodies to your grave' they are not causing illness

True, but they can indicate an acute chronic infection if above a certain level which is how Dr Lerner would diagnose cfs from herpes infections. The other way is if unwell and igg titres for a given infection are say 10 (just a random number I'm using) and a few weeks later it's increased to 20 etc that also indicate and old infection reactivating.
Plus there's a number of people like myself who have had ebv and results also showing life long igg positive and a few years later I have no ebv antibodies, so test negative to ebv even though I have labs during initial infection and several months after with igg showing but later I'm totally negative.