• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

most common Vitamin D tests inaccurate

laura

For those of you who are not a member of ConsumerLab.com, I thought I'd relay the following information. I must paraphrase and not copy and paste due to copyright issues.

ConsumerLab just updated their report on Vitamin D tests. They say that the most common current methods of testing Vitamin D, immunoassay tests using Abbott Architect or Siemens Centaur-2 immunoassay devices, have an increased likelihood of reporting Vitamin D levels as deficient when they are not. ConsumerLab recommends using the older established method (LC/MS), [if you know what that is, I don't!], if you are concerned that your lab results are not accurate.

Lotus97

I was taking 5000 iu of vitamin D, but my vitamin D 25 hydroxy was only 30.2 ng/ml. When my vitamin D was tested in the past it was higher so I'm hoping that it's a problem with my test rather than actual deficiency.