• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More UK government pressure on sick & disabled in prospect?

SilverbladeTE

Note that UK and USA governments for decades SUPPORTED junk food makers!
Sugary foods became cheaper and cheaper
And, more and more Politician's and parties got jobs and positions on the boards of such companies after they left office, or money for campaign contributions. Typical *corruption*.

As a great one on Facebook showed, why are soft drinks and burgers cheaper than water and good food, hm?

So, the HYPOCRISY of this crap is outrageous but just what you'd expect from small minded, heartless or evil vermin.

Meanwhile research has shown that a lot of obesity is NOT down to mere over eating.

As for addiction, HA! Bullshit their therapies do NOT work as has been proven horribly over last 40 years of the sick "War on Drugs", and ignored the vastly greater social harm of alcohol, which is a LEGAL drug.
yes government loves the taxes from booze, the subsidized booze the SCUM drink in the 19 bars and restaurants in Westminster, and the non-exec positions they only have to show up for four times a year to claim a nice wad of money for after leaving office and having been a shill for the drinks companies while in office.

There is *one* therapy that works but only slowly being acknowledged by the asshole system
otherwise, giving addicts their drug, like it or not, legally, cleanly and with no hassles, keeps them stable and better results than letting them be poisoned, sell body and crime for their drug, fuel violent gangsterism etc
The crap about methadone shows the hypocrisy starkly. Safer to give them medical grade heroin that that crap!

We *MAKE* addicts every damn day by the abusive and poisoned world we have created.
Most addicts become so to deal with fear, terror and alienation in a SICK bloody system.
I was lucky, my escape was out fishing, walking the hills, painting, writing and running games, etc, unlike a LOT of folk I knew who are now dead from booze

I have never been formally diagnosed with PTSD but I damn well know I've got it, and it's little wonder, spending much of your young life desperately trying to avoid violent abuse, and trying to control that terror. It never ever totally goes away.

I also suffer from severe vertigo, can't stand being more than a couple of feet off the ground without something strong to hold onto.
yet, I wasn't going ot let it rule me, so I managed to jump of the highest diving dales in the swimming baths despite how much it terrified me.
But, it doesn't make the fear go away.
It takes effort to deal with that and not something I liked at all, so people need to get out of this Dark Age, sick mentality that folk can "get over their problems with some verve"
BULLSHIT! Something's you can overcome, but they don't go away and require effort that is wearing, but the base problems won't go away
it's like having a badly broken bone, you can recover from it, some though will lose the leg or always have serious pain issues etc, but you can't make it "go away" by mere thought.

What society needs to do, is STOP the damn things that cause so much mental problems, most of which are to deal with abuse, neglect etc of children.

We also refuse to accept the Epigenetic cost of all the CRAP our societies do.
World War 2 was NOT some "glorious age of heroics". It was a vile horrible time for people, scared ****less, bombed, terrors of being killed.
No matter how much "stiff upper lip" folk showed, underneath the mass fear for so long, and the acute terror and injuries for some cause long lasting effects
As did areas where terrible privation, pollution etc cause a toll for generations to come.

To blame the VICTIMS of our species, victims caused rule by psychopaths and small minded greedy vermin, is outrageous!
Blaming the weak, is the action of EVIL people.

And for anyone who doubt such, well, here's a little reminder for history of the evil hypocrisy, and the where heroin addiction started and by WHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War