• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methleyene blue

Ema

I have it on my list to try after listening to this episode of STEM talk recently with Dr. Francisco Gonzalez-Lima, Dr. Francisco Gonzalez-Lima.

helios

I tried it a few years back, with the prime hope of it improving my cognition and also with the possibility of it reducing any fungal issues I had. I took it a while at a conservative dose (sorry cant remember and never noticed much to make it worthwhile. I then read an article about how soldiers used to take it and it turned their urine blue, so obviously a much higher dose. I ramped up the dose (still only a couple of drops) and thought I noticed an improvement in my general wellbeing but not enough for me to rave about it. I wish I could have much so many things I read about others having great success with leave me under whelmed alas. From articles I had read it still sounds like a handy supplement to take for warding of cognitive decline in old age.

Davsey27

I tried it a few years back, with the prime hope of it improving my cognition and also with the possibility of it reducing any fungal issues I had. I took it a while at a conservative dose (sorry cant remember and never noticed much to make it worthwhile. I then read an article about how soldiers used to take it and it turned their urine blue, so obviously a much higher dose. I ramped up the dose (still only a couple of drops) and thought I noticed an improvement in my general wellbeing but not enough for me to rave about it. I wish I could have much so many things I read about others having great success with leave me under whelmed alas. From articles I had read it still sounds like a handy supplement to take for warding of cognitive decline in old age.

Curious you noticed an improvement in wellbeing

What made you decide to stop?

helios

I stop and start things, due to tiredness and struggle coping with my job plus it was turning my mouth blue plus the bottle I had ran out and if I was going to order again would prefer the pharmaceutical grade to reduce any concerns over heavy metals plus it was really only subtle effect and like I say nothing dramatic, so when I do get run down or short on spare $ those sorts of supplements tend to be forgotten about for a while. I have stopped and started it over time.
What condition are you hoping it improves the most?
I suspect its a better supplement from a long term perspective more so than something that will have someone really excited over it changing their life.