• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

medication

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I guys, I usually take imovane/zopiclone 2 nights a week and have done for almost 2 years, the other nights i use a herbal concoction, or antihistamines or seroquel. I alternate these things to reduce tolerence to these meds etc.

Lately i have found the imovane not working as well as it once did, so im looking at taking a break from it and replacing it with another benzo for a month or 2, twice a week. I was thinking of using valium as it has been somewhat effect in the the past with no side effect, but have seen others using xanax and saying it works great, the short half life of the drug sounds good too, no hangover. Also heard others say how you get addicted to them or rebound anxiety, can this happen using it twice a week?

Have tried stilnox/ambien with no luck as well as other benzos like temaze and mogadon with not much help.

So question is valium or xanax for insomnia, on 2 nights a week.

ta

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
valium

after talking to my doc, he said valium would be better for sleep then xanax and less prone to side effects and addiction. I have been taking 10mg valium 2 nights a week and it has been working well. After an hour or so i feel nice and relaxed, muscle tension has gone and i drift off to sleep, i wake in the morning feeling refreshed with no hangover. So far so good. I plan to keep using this until the presciption runs out then return to imovane/zopiclone, hopefully this will reduce any tolerence and can continue to sleep well.

I may be sleeping better also because my last blood test showed the antivirals I am taking, are reducing my viral load, my lymphocytes are almost within normal range. Whats also promising is that i have had a few nights of good sleep drug free. Sleep will be a challenge for me as have been a shift worker now for 20 years but of late am doing a roster that involves day and afternoon shifts with no nights, yaa!