• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical Professional/Student Scholarships Offered for NIH Conference April 4-5, 2019

Gemini

#MEAction is currently accepting applications from medical students and practicing medical professionals to attend the National Institutes of Health meeting on myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) research on April 4th-5th, 2019 in Bethesda, MD.

The goal of the meeting is to showcase high-quality studies to better understand the state of the science of ME, and to help drive the field forward by identifying gaps and opportunities. Read more.

Please take a moment to invite your health care providers - and any promising medical students you may know - to apply for the scholarship, and to attend the conference! This is a great opportunity to educate our doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants and osteopathic doctors about ME, and to grow informed champions for this disease in the medical profession.

mail
Before you apply, please visit the NIH event page to register. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is February 22nd at 5 p.m. EST.

Apply for the Scholarship

Two students and two professionals will be chosen for the scholarship. Funding for the scholarship is provided by a family foundation. We are grateful for the generosity of the family in showing their support for the ME community!

In solidarity,

Laurie Jones,
#MEAction Managing Director
Support #MEAction