• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS & COVID-19: WHAT’S THE CONNECTION? (August 7th, 2020)

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
#MEAction will host a seminar for post-COVID-19 “long haulers” on Friday, August 7 at 11am PST, to learn more about ME/CFS as a potential diagnosis, in partnership with Body Politic and the COVID-19 Working Group New York.

The seminar will discuss:
  • symptom presentation and diagnosis of ME/CFS;
  • pacing and management strategies;
  • coping with a new chronic illness; and
  • advocating in your doctor’s office and beyond.
There will be a question-and-answer session where COVID “long haulers” can ask questions of any presenter. Each presenter will also offer up their most useful resource, creating a toolkit for attendees.

People with lived experience navigating the complex chronic illness space are invaluable resources in all diseases, but here more than most. The opportunity to learn from experts of this caliber is rare, and the opportunity to learn about ME/CFS in the wake of COVID-19 is wholly unique.

https://www.meaction.net/longCOVID/