• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low blood pressure

HABS93

Way back a couple of months ago I had a low blood pressure from my doctor but he didn't think of it causing any of my symptom's . Just wondering if low blood pressure can cause chronic fatigue?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I've found some things that raise my blood pressure into the normal range while I'm on them. Doing so makes me feel a bit more stable but doesn't seem to increase my energy or stamina all that much so I don't think the low bp causes the ME/CFS.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Just wondering if low blood pressure can cause chronic fatigue?

It can contribute. So can low blood volume. This article and this article on Health Rising explains more about it.

Some people with CFS/ME have had blood transfusions, or saline IVs and have felt 'almost normal' for a short time after. Both of those procedures can raise blood volume.

Others have found that raising BP by using desmopressin or other meds; compression garments; even G-suits, have been helpful for reducing symptoms.

HABS93

I've found some things that raise my blood pressure into the normal range while I'm on them. Doing so makes me feel a bit more stable but doesn't seem to increase my energy or stamina all that much so I don't think the low bp causes the ME/CFS.
Thanks for the info . Eventually I'll figure out what's going out . I'm just trying process of elimination and playing devils advocate

HABS93

It can contribute. So can low blood volume. This article and this article on Health Rising explains more about it.

Some people with CFS/ME have had blood transfusions, or saline IVs and have felt 'almost normal' for a short time after. Both of those procedures can raise blood volume.

Others have found that raising BP by using desmopressin or other meds; compression garments; even G-suits, have been helpful for reducing symptoms.
I'll definitely check into that with my doctor I got a appointment coming up!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Thanks for the info . Eventually I'll figure out what's going out . I'm just trying process of elimination and playing devils advocate

I understand. We all go through this. Most doctors aren't really interested in doing much investigating so we have to try to help ourselves. Have you seen this website: cfsremission.com.

Two of the three of the things that have helped me the most, I found there and the third thing he also talks about.

Just be warned...he has a LOT :eek: of information on his site...so much so that I can't always find something I read before even if I've bookmarked it. Plus he has two other interactive sites that I haven't been able to figure out yet.

Here's a good starting point if you do check it out: https://cfsremission.com/my-story/

He also blogs here on PR.

Edit: I just found this on his site right now and thought I'd post since we were talking about selenium before. https://cfsremission.com/2019/04/16/high-mercury-and-uranium-spells-selenium-deficiency/

HABS93

These are very interesting findings. As per advice I've been taking 400mg of selenium when I wake up it's been like 6 days but I'm just seeing. He's got interesting point there because his results are the exact same measures with mercury mid high uranium and low selenium. The uranium must be doing something though.
Also your second article mentions Mutaflor and you can only get it in Canada. Ironically I live in Toronto .

iwillwin1day

What u are describing is known as OI orthostatic hypotension. And yes OI will cause immense fatigue and tiredness and will also cause dizziness lightheadedness due to blood not able to reach brain when in upright position.