• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Little lump under my armpit

Jemima37

Yes. Did'nt hurt. Just one of those things you notice and, in my case, don't take much notice of.
That’s what I need to do. My husband keeps telling me off for touching it as he said that won’t help it go away. I need to leave it and just check it weekly. I’m aggravating it I’m sure.

Jemima37

Yeah best not to fiddle about with it. You could put a loose dressing over it to stop you touching it. But if it gets bigger, changes shape or starts to hurt then get some advice about it.
I will, definitely going to stop touching it and just check once a week and if any changes I will have to call my GP for a chat. Thank you.

antares4141

This is hard for me to type as I suffer anxiety and I’m afraid of someone scaring me. I’ve been trying to reassure myself so that I keep calm but if anyone can offer reassurance I’d appreciate it.

On Monday I noticed a small ball shape lump in my armpit. Very small, it reminds me of the tiny silver balls you used to decorate on cupcakes as a child. :(

I've got one very similar to what you described. I've always ignored it. Don't even know how long I have had it. Never dream of telling dr, they already think I am a hypochondriac. Got one under my eye also. It is visible. I think these are actually pretty common.

I have a hard time not picking at it. Right under the skin. Thinking if I squeeze hard enough I can get it to pop out.

Have another benign growth on my back. Had it checked out cause gp referred me to a skin dr. I pick at it also sometimes even though I know better.