• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LAB RESULTS IMMUNE CELLS

elvira

Hello! Is anyone good with lab results regarding immune cells? Some of mine are outside of reference and I don’t know what it means - that I have an infection going or something else?

Thank you!

4B03AAF2-4E8E-4DEF-8376-E4C1ADB1D854.jpeg
066EE47E-4F08-4879-BE8E-B277FBBEC8C5.jpeg

(About the NK-comment: according do the tests i don’t have neither borrelia or chlamydia, and only an old Mycoplasma)

Zebra

Hi, @elvira

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but there are many folks on PR who can. They will see your post and reply.

I felt compelled to comment because the two times I have been sick enough to be hospitalized (for serious medical issues), I had a similar profile as you:

Elevated neutrophils and decreased lymphocytes.

I wonder if others have seen this type of ratio as well.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hello! Is anyone good with lab results regarding immune cells? Some of mine are outside of reference and I don’t know what it means - that I have an infection going or something else?

Thank you!

View attachment 45272View attachment 45273
(About the NK-comment: according do the tests i don’t have neither borrelia or chlamydia, and only an old Mycoplasma)

With borrelia, chlamydia pneumonia its my understanding that they are hard to test for so could be false negative which is common. Mycoplasma could still be reactivating with your immune system being funky.

A very basic guide to immune tests are if high or low both could mean an infection or two. When immune cell is low this could mean the immune system is tiring out from a chronic infection.

Id also get all the herbes viruses tested for with titre readings if possible as its common for some of them to be old infection and have reactivated due to low immunity.

Also want to get immunoglobulin testing done and other tests to rule out immune defiencies or autoimmune issues.

elvira

With borrelia, chlamydia pneumonia its my understanding that they are hard to test for so could be false negative which is common. Mycoplasma could still be reactivating with your immune system being funky.

A very basic guide to immune tests are if high or low both could mean an infection or two. When immune cell is low this could mean the immune system is tiring out from a chronic infection.

Id also get all the herbes viruses tested for with titre readings if possible as its common for some of them to be old infection and have reactivated due to low immunity.

Also want to get immunoglobulin testing done and other tests to rule out immune defiencies or autoimmune issues.

Thank you so much! Hmm yes it seems like my immune system is tired of battling something. I only know my leucocytes have been high for years (only due tro stress according to my unhelpful doctor).

The herpes viruses was negative also, only virus positive was Coxsackie, and latent EBV.Trying to find a new doctor who is willing to investigate.

elvira

Yeah the Neutrophil Lymphocytes Ratio.
Also used to determine Covid Severity :
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32892477/

My immune blood test looks quiet similar to yours.

What do you mean with latent ebv? Ever measured the IGG Titer?

Interesting!! Have you found something that helps?

No titers measured, i think i’ll have to do further inveatigations... the lab used Elispot

9AC46237-FB14-4D20-AA71-2CC38056486A.jpeg

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thank you so much! Hmm yes it seems like my immune system is tired of battling something. I only know my leucocytes have been high for years (only due tro stress according to my unhelpful doctor).

The herpes viruses was negative also, only virus positive was Coxsackie, and latent EBV.Trying to find a new doctor who is willing to investigate.

Not advice but what id do and have done. Id try some doxycycline and if you have one of those infections mentioned, you will initially feel crappy ie die off effects and slowly over time improve. Treatment can be used as a diagnostic tool.
Id keep an eye on the ebv as it could improve as bacterial infections are treated and frees up the immune system to fight other infections. If ebv increases id then try an antiviral.

The antibiotics are straight forward and id assume any dr would prescribe doxycycline for you with your pathology results. To avoid gut issues from antibiotics id take 1 nystatin capsule a day plus probiotics.

Look into immunovir/isoprinosine as this can increase nk numbers and function. It is hard to find at a descent price. It can help with all the infections even entero virus infection.

Just a few things i think are worth looking into.
Good luck👍

elvira

Not advice but what id do and have done. Id try some doxycycline and if you have one of those infections mentioned, you will initially feel crappy ie die off effects and slowly over time improve. Treatment can be used as a diagnostic tool.
Id keep an eye on the ebv as it could improve as bacterial infections are treated and frees up the immune system to fight other infections. If ebv increases id then try an antiviral.

The antibiotics are straight forward and id assume any dr would prescribe doxycycline for you with your pathology results. To avoid gut issues from antibiotics id take 1 nystatin capsule a day plus probiotics.

Look into immunovir/isoprinosine as this can increase nk numbers and function. It is hard to find at a descent price. It can help with all the infections even entero virus infection.

Just a few things i think are worth looking into.
Good luck👍

Thank you!!! I’ve ordered dr chia’s Equilibrant and will try to add inosine to it. Here in sweden doctors very rarely prescribe antibiotics.... but i’ll try to find someone.

Zebra

@Zebra Thank you for your answer. How interesting! Did they have any explanation at the hospital for this?

Sorry for my delayed response. I actually didn't know of these blood test results while in hospital. It was only after I returned home and requested my medical records that I spotted this information.

After the first hospitalization, I assumed the high neutrophils and low lymphocytes was due to presumed aspiration pneumonia, which was one of the working diagnosis upon discharge (along with esophageal spasm, gastritis, and enlarged heart).

After my second hospitalization, last year, I noticed the same pattern in my blood work: elevated neutrophils and decreased lymphocytes.

As @DrUniverse mentioned, a neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio is often calculated and considered in MANY diseases and medical conditions, and it felt like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

However, your post has inspired me to ask my primary care physician to take a look and see if he has any ideas. I'm not too hopeful though. His usual response is: "I treat symptoms, not test results." :(

If he does say anything useful, I will come back here to share with you.

elvira

Sorry for my delayed response. I actually didn't know of these blood test results while in hospital. It was only after I returned home and requested my medical records that I spotted this information.

After the first hospitalization, I assumed the high neutrophils and low lymphocytes was due to presumed aspiration pneumonia, which was one of the working diagnosis upon discharge (along with esophageal spasm, gastritis, and enlarged heart).

After my second hospitalization, last year, I noticed the same pattern in my blood work: elevated neutrophils and decreased lymphocytes.

As @DrUniverse mentioned, a neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio is often calculated and considered in MANY diseases and medical conditions, and it felt like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

However, your post has inspired me to ask my primary care physician to take a look and see if he has any ideas. I'm not too hopeful though. His usual response is: "I treat symptoms, not test results." :(

If he does say anything useful, I will come back here to share with you.

Please do!! I’m also trying to find a doctor who has anything to say about this😅 good luck to us