• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LA Times Op-Ed: Coronavirus pandemic hoarding pushed me to give up toilet paper

Mary

Moderator Resource
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-13/toilet-paper-bidet-pandemic-coronavirus

This is actually a very good piece - and a good plug for bidets, which have never caught on in the U.S. but who knows, maybe they will now -

One thing I learned: it cites a 2019 report from the NRDC which states that toilet paper production has played a key role in the deforestation of the boreal forest in Canada. This is just sad!

Our air and water are getting cleaner with everyone staying home, maybe this pandemic will help save our forests too!

Rufous McKinney

has played a key role in the deforestation of the boreal forest in Canada

A news report on why did toilet paper- seemed to disappear- focused on the following- 1) many employed people are using industrial toilet paper at work, when out, etc; 2) now they are forced to stay home and have bought much more of the Virgin Forest toilet paper.

I've been wanting to- use warm water and just rinse off....using a little plastic bottle. Like after you have a baby, and are healing, you rinse off and it works great! (maybe then just use a hand towel after for damp).

This could at least reduce female use...so I seem to NOT have a single plastic bottle here with the right kind of top so you can squeeze and rinse...

But there has to be a way!! The big issue here for me is it takes forever for hot water to show up in my bathroom and I'll want to put warm water in the plastic bottle, not cold. Maybe if I could find an insulated bottle, to keep water warm for a few hours- then this method might work.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've been wanting to- use warm water and just rinse off....using a little plastic bottle. Like after you have a baby, and are healing, you rinse off and it works great! (maybe then just use a hand towel after for damp).
That is more or less what we did when I lived in India. Every bathroom/toilet had a water tap with a jug. I got used to it and carried a hand towel with me everywhere. :jaw-drop:
1586818165133.jpeg

Back