• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM nasal swab - what does he measure? (sinusitis)

Hello,

I suspect my extreme attention issues and brain fog(which do not appear to be related to energy levels) are related to microglia activation aka neuroinflammation;

I've had some sort of sinusitis for many many years now, it is not severe like in people with acute infections but i have to blow my nose very often and i always have this "flu smell" in my nose. My sense of smell is also very reduced. I also have a deviated nasal septum and low igg levels.

My hypothesis is that chronic immune activation in my nasal septum might have extended to the frontal part of the brain, causing microglia activation which would then cause the extreme ADHD symptoms.

So, i'm trying to get to the bottom of this - i want to do a serious comprehensive nasal swab to look if there could be a chronic infection there, and if not assume it is MCAS and try something for that.

I know KDM does nasal swabs, has anyone gotten a list of what he looks for in those? Thank you!

MTpockets

I don't have any info on nasal swabs, but I do know that chronic sinusitis is one of the symptoms of mold exposure. Brain fog is also one of the complaints. Something to look into maybe. Good luck.