• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this true: Supplements............ going illegal?????

Fejal

I think this is a bunch of malarchy. I read the codex. They just say that the only vitamins/dietary supplements banned would be those without credible scientific evidence. That's excellent.

dannybex

So we are OK then?

June

Hi June,

It's my understanding that for the past 10 years or so, most vitamin and mineral supplements are actually manufactured by pharmaceutical companies. We all know they have powerful lobbyists...so I doubt they'd allow legitimate supplements to be removed from the marketplace.

Just my two cents however... :)

It is hard to tell fact from fiction on TV, in the newspaper, or anywhere else in my opinion. Everything is just so dang poltical.

However, I was particilarly upset by the smear campaign against Boyd Haley by the chicago Tribune when the FDA yanked OSR#1 from the supplement market.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/lhommedieu/100212

By the way, I don't regularly read that "renewamerica" website, but found that article to be aligned with my interpretation of how the whole OSR#1 went down.

The FDA had removed another vitamin too recently, I wouln;t be sprised if big business (or whoever) actually fools these politicians into voting for stuff they never intended to vote for. I wouldn;t be suprised if something was slipped in.

disclosure: I'm a Obama supporter, and think he helped with the FDA overruling the CDC on XMRV findings.

*GG*