• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is research co ordinated globally?

I'm currently fund raising for Invest in M.E in the UK but I started to wonder is that a good group to be fund raising for? If they're limited funds for M.E research is it better that they all go to a central place?

Is research co ordinated world wide to stop repetition & make best use of resources?
Thanks!

AndyPR

Simple answer is no, it's not. However, due to it being such a relatively small research field, I believe that most researchers will be aware of a lot of what others are investigating. Invest in ME hold their annual conferences that brings many ME researchers together and there is a biannual event in the States that does the same, so there is "cross-pollination" that goes on.

Really, we need as many scientists studying this as possible, so my opinion would be to encourage you to keep on raising funds for IiME - they are doing good work already and need supporting for that reason, and we need all the biomedical research in the UK that we can get to try to help in reversing the BPS model of our illness that is in place in the NHS.