• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

International: MyGivingCircle rolling charity voting competition for cash

Tom Kindlon

Some will already be familiar with this competition.

People vote for their favourite charity or two favourite charities with the top ones (currently top 60 worldwide broken down by different regions) getting cash.

One can vote up once a week. There is no requirement to do it but it does of course bring in more votes to vote regularly.

In this competition it is probably best not to split votes and instead that most of the community vote for the charity with the best chance of winning.

Supporters of Invest in ME have done a good job promoting this competition so they seem the best charity to vote for if one is thinking tactically.

The direct link for them is https://mygivingcircle.org/invest-in-me-research

They have won cash at least three times in the past couple of years.

A few of these are run each year, some are three months long, some are shorter.

Disclaimer: I dislike the number of emails this venture send out; many other voting competitions are less annoying. But as it is yielding money I put up with it. Unlike any others I’ve seen, they ask for donations for charities too.

Tom Kindlon

If another ME/CFS charity starts gathering a lot of votes, I will likely highlight them as people have two votes. At the moment, I’m not sure any one is a clear good bet, but I could be wrong.