• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intense nausea, what do you do?

pattismith

homeopathic Nux vomica is a potent med that fix my nausea and headache!
It's like a miracle after so much time suffering.

Can people clarify - are the references to Nux vomica about homeopathic products? I ask because Nux vomica itself is highly toxic. Don't want any confusion arising!
Yes Nux Vomica contains Strychnine a highly toxic product. Mother tincture can lead to intoxication, but homeopathic dilutions of mother tincture are safe.
One case report found someone got intoxicated with a bottle of mother tincture
"the patient, who explained that she had swallowed a whole bottle of Nux vomica mother tincture,..... This corresponded to 212 mg strychnine ingested"

30 to 100 mg are enought to kill an adult so the dose was quite high.

Cas clinique : à propos d’une intoxication à la strychnine par la teinture mère Nux vomica | Annales de Toxicologie Analytique (ata-journal.org)

Homeopathic dilutions:

D dilutions = Decimal potencies are diluted in a ratio of 1:10 in each production step.
C dilutions = Centesimal potencies, diluted in a ratio of 1: 100 in each production step

The smallest dilution we can find in homeopathic remedies is D1.
D1 has the highest level and concentration of active ingredients.
I don't think it's commonly used in homeopathy, D1 is more a phytotherapy product however.

If a 200 ml bottle of Nux Vomica mother tincture contains 212 mg of Strychnine as stated in the paper, then a 200 ml D1 bottle contains 21 mg, and a 125 ml bottle contains 13 mg of strychnine.
You still can get intoxicated if you drink it all, so you still have to pay attention not to take too much!

ruben

What do you do for intense nausea? How well does it work?
I have always had nausea and bloatedness with this. A while back it got really bad. I read something somewhere about niacin(vitamin B3). Got some and it's been brilliant. And benefits were really quick.

pattismith

@pattismith So you are taking D1 bottle at what dose? How often? Think I might try some.
I take the D1 .
0.2 ml per os 3 times a day is doing the job for my nausea and headache.
For my husband, 0.05 ml or 0.1ml is enough to stimulate stomach and gut Motricity.

Beside nerve stimulation, strychnine seems to have an effect on vascular Health and is sometimes quoted as a treatment for Raynaud disease
The toxicity is neurological and renal, so the dosage has to be kept low level.

pattismith

@pattismith So you are taking D1 bottle at what dose? How often? Think I might try some.
I must admit I had to quit Nux vomica after some days/weeks because too much nerve stimulation induced occipital nerves pain (the nerves behind the skull).

I stopped and the side effect resolved after some days, but it came back again after a new start.

I want to try a smaller dosage, because I want to know if Nux Vomica can improve my stomach function (better motricity and better acidification), in order to improve my iron absorption.

When I stopped Nux Vomica I tried another way to fix my nausea/headache issue and got success with the keto diet, so this is another possibility that may help you, although it takes more time to be effective (maybe 5 days for me).

pattismith

@sb4 ,

here some other tips that helped me with headache

. keto diet (I know you already tried it)
. an infusion that I just found to be very effective (very unexpectedly):

Buddhi, infusion ayurvédique biologique compostable (atma.bio)

FOCUS/CONCENTRATION
ingredients:

Brahmi*Sri Lanka / Nepal
Macis*India / Madagascar
Cassia Cinnamon*Madagascar / Sri Lanka
Valerian*Poland
Rama tulsi*India
Angelic*France
Ginko*France
Sage*France
Willow*France
Black pepper*Sri Lanka / India / Madagascar
Larch*France

The first ingredient is Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri), so I guess taking Bacopa alone may be as effective!

The second ingredient is Macis, the red aril of the nutmeg, another interesting ingredient that may be useful as well for the brain.

sb4

@pattismith Thanks for the update. I have added the Buddhi infusion to my list of potential headache treatments. I actually had some acetazolaminde arrive a couple of weeks ago (I think one of your previous posts mentioned benefits) but I have been trying something else unrelated.

Anyway my headaches have reduced to a much more tolerable level. I haven't had a propper headache in about 2 weeks though the neck pain is still there and minor headaches that threaten to become more are still present.

I would guess that any damage I did to my neck a few months back that seem to really trigger this is slowly being repaired. I make sure to sleep on my side, as sleeping on my back always makes it worse, and I force myself a lot more to sit upright in my chair even when the pots is playing up, as leaning back in my chair also caused the neck pain which led to headache.

So far now I'm just guna keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully I get back to where I was before in which headaches only occurred now and then (usually when I'd overdone nicotine gums).