• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Emily Collingridge.

ukxmrv

It's so bad in the UK that we don't even know if Emily's cause of death will be accurate. We don't know what it will be recorded as and we don't know if an experienced doctor like the Neurologist Dr Chaudhuri will have been called in to help with the post mortem.

So many ME deaths here (sudden ones) go unreported and unexplained unless someone like Dr Chaudhuri is called in to assist.

Dolphin

It's so bad in the UK that we don't even know if Emily's cause of death will be accurate. We don't know what it will be recorded as and we don't know if an experienced doctor like the Neurologist Dr Chaudhuri will have been called in to help with the post mortem.

So many ME deaths here (sudden ones) go unreported and unexplained unless someone like Dr Chaudhuri is called in to assist.
On the MEA's FB page, Dr. Shepherd has said he has been regular contact with the family since the death or something like that, so I'd be hopeful a useful post mortem will be done.

She did have a BMI of 14 according to Lost Voices for those that didn't know this. But even if that was the full immediate cause of death (?), M.E. could be mentioned as it was with Sophia Mirza and a post mortem could still possibly give interesting info on the illness' pathology.

barbc56

Such a sad, sad, story. She was the same age of as my younger daughter. Whatever the cause of Emily's death, my heart goes out to her friends and family. This is absolutely tragic.

Barb C.:>)

On the MEA's FB page, Dr. Shepherd has said he has been regular contact with the family since the death or something like that, so I'd be hopeful a useful post mortem will be done.

She did have a BMI of 14 according to Lost Voices for those that didn't know this. But even if that was the full immediate cause of death (?), M.E. could be mentioned as it was with Sophia Mirza and a post mortem could still possibly give interesting info on the illness' pathology.

Her contribution to Lost Voices was made after her first relapse ended and that passage referred to her first relapse, not to her condition at the time of her death. Last year, she said that she had been putting on weight because they were able to feed her, but she had no way of burning off the calories. However, what happened in the months before her death is currently not known to the public.

Googsta

Doing Well
I experienced many of Emily's symptoms at the onset of my own illness, I count myself thankful that I am still here despite the suffering.

What an absolutely inspiring & courageous young woman.

I am going to share all of Emily's quotes provided (thankyou) with everyone I can.

Googsta

Doing Well
Is there anyway we can extend our condolences to Emily's family,as well as appreciation for all she did for fellow sufferer's?