• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm going crazy when I see more LLMD! Absolutely different opinions of experts...

MartinK

This is, what send me Armin, owner of Armin Labs, when I approached him about how the results from his lab and red labs absolutely did not match:

"Dear Martin,

Ohh, another phages is positive for B. miyamotoi and not B. burgdorferi.

I have seen ALL reports from this test 100% positive for B. miyamotoi.

This is surely not the truth as B. burgdorferi is much more common than B. miyaotoi illnesses in patients.

So I think Elispot is much more specific than this new phages test, which is not CE certified or IVD registered, just some home-brewed test with no control checks from other labs.

Also not so many tick are carrying B. miyamotoi as it is with B. burgdorferi (0.5 vs. 30%!). So why should all patients have positive phages against B. miyamotoi.

Maybe you ask the other lab about this.

From my side I would recommend filling out checklist attached to know, if you are really suffering from B. miaymotoi infection clinically or from other infections (what I think for nearly all patients with false positive phages).

Very best wishes

Armin
"