• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Igg Subclasses

vision blue

Hi All- Just got back my results for Igg subclasses. I will paste them below.

I am a little low in Igg3 which probably explains why I get recurrent herpes viruses.

I also seem to have a pattern where Igg2 is just as high as Igg1. That's unusual since usually Igg1 is higher. I seem to recall reading an article on CFS (but not positive) that it was one of the patterns that is found, though in the minority.

If anyone else knows theirs and would like to post, i'd love love love to see the comparison amongst different people.

IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 1
475 mg/dL
240 - 1118 mg/dL
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Immunoglobulin G Subclass 1

IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 2
476 mg/dL
124 - 549 mg/dL
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Immunoglobulin G Subclass 2

IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 3
L 20 mg/dL
21 - 134 mg/dL
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Immunoglobulin G Subclass 3

IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 4
49 mg/dL
1 - 123 mg/dL
The total IgG (mg/dL) can be derived by the sum of the
subclasses IgG1, IgG2, IgG3 and IgG4 values. However, a
confirmatory and more precise total IgG is available by the
nephelometric method of total IgG (Test # 00-50350).
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Immunoglobulin G Subclass 4

I

Belbyr

My over all IGG is almost always low. IGG subclass 1 is always low, sometime IGG subclass 3 is low.

My IGM total count is low as well.

vision blue

Was hoping there would be more takers to this thread since patterns of IgG subclasses may be of use to types of symptoms one gets as well as types of bugs one is succeptible to (both relevent for CFS/ME).

But like with my other posts in which i'm eager to compare test result number to others , it just doesn't seem to be a type of topic that grabs people :(

There’s a Facebook group called something like “IVIG support group” and a lot of people in it have ME and qualified for IVIG through various Igg deficiencies and related diagnoses. Mine is CVID/PI but I can’t remember what my igg numbers were