• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I feel better when I relax the back of my head...?

Bansaw

When I sit down to do some concious relaxation and deep breathing, I notice that I always have a tension at the back of my head.

Ok, I spend a lot of time at the computer in my job etc, and this will affect the scalp muscles.
But, I am wondering when I relax the muscles back there more blood is getting to the brain, and things are being freed up that were in some way trapped.

Does this make sense? Is there a case where blood vessels and blood flow is impaired through an over-tensing of the muscles at the back of the neck and head?

Bansaw

Interesting a few people have the same.
I wonder if there isn't something physical happening at the back of the head thats restricting bloodflow, and how can we go about looking into that...

Rufous McKinney

something physical happening at the back of the head thats restricting bloodflow,

In my case, there is a general inflammatory response which involves swelling and worsens when I am run down or crashing...generally EVERYTHING wrong seems to radiate from this base of the skull, back of the neck area.

So that varies, depending upon Spoon Units.

Then there is a daily cycle in which my neck is sort of ok early in the day and just gets more and more painful as the day progresses. This I believe is more musculature and posture related issues. Unable to maintain a proper postural alignment in the neck area for any amount of time. Like no matter how many times I do: neck posture check, its always in some unacceptable condition.

So to me it feels like I have lower brain compression and swelling and some type of stenosis plus numerous unfixable spinal defects. I'm sure my collagen and muscles have degraded.

So what helps this? I use biomagnets FREQUENTLY. They really do reduce the pain and somewhat lower this inflammation. I wear them on collars, on scarves, quite often. So those help me feel a little less awful.

I also use hot water bottles with great frequency.

I had my first chance to mention: the neck stuff, Jen's 5 surgeries- at my last GP appointment. During about six seconds. I now have a Physical Therapy appointment, whatever that is.

How do I get my neck evaluated? Could not get to that Question at the appointment. Sent out the door.

Bansaw

In

So what helps this? I use biomagnets FREQUENTLY. They really do reduce the pain and somewhat lower this inflammation. I wear them on collars, on scarves, quite often. So those help me feel a little less awful.
thanks, what are these Biomagnets - where do you get them from ?
(I've actually heard of some magnetism treatments being used in dementia cases recently as well.)

Rufous McKinney

Unable to maintain a proper postural alignment in the neck area for any amount of time. Like no matter how many times I do: neck posture check, its always in some unacceptable condition.

Ummm: I seem to need to get this additional whine out....so THEN: I was recently visiting my daughter, which required that I participate in the Activities Others Plan. Numerous days a week, they go out to eat in nice restaurants. So I can have a nice time, at noon, brunching...but the same meal, in the evening, is a form of total body torture. So my spoons are used up in the late afternoon and I'm just now: pretty miserably ME and experience alot of pain.

I am so physically uncomfortable sitting at a table, it really strains my aching back. Then the neck gets worse and worse. Its REALLY painful. Probably some fibro symptoms occuring as well. And people want to spend HOURS sitting at kitchen tables...and I CANNOT DO SO.

Something I also notice which some others fail to experience: I'm thin, and have no padding. So if you have lost most of your muscles and have little fat left, hard furnishings are quite painful. I even had great trouble with the mattress i was supposed to sleep on.

So I am forever seeking some location where : I'm not in physical pain. I did not go to numerous dinners.

Rufous McKinney

thanks, what are these Biomagnets - where do you get them from ?

I use these: bought a set .....Advanced Organ Group Energizing Therapy Kit-

https://biomagscience.net

The kit contained 4 Regular Biomagnets and 6 Power Wafers. Plus some recommendations on how to deploy.

Most of the time: I deploy two magnets and apply them to the base of my skull/neck.

I also use them on my lower back when it gets glitchy (have lumbar Lordosis). Like it was getting achy, I put four magnets on either side of my spine in pairs...and slept with the magnets on my underware most likely, and the pain the next day was gone. Much less expensive than an acupuncture treatment i sometimes get to clear lower back glitches.

I used to have 2 very large magnets...flat....about 4 inches X 6 inches. These I would sometimes lie on, again to reduce glitchy blockages that I experience which can be painful. These I've not been able to replace.

Rufous McKinney

Here is a direct link to the minimal purchase of Four Power Wafers....this would be enough to work on the neck and back.

https://biomagscience.net/product/pain-relief-and-vitality-biomagnetic-therapy-kit/

I've never really deployed the entire 10 that come in the Organ Kit: but thats a good set up...fyi the REGULAR biomagnet is larger than the Power Wafers...I typically use a large one and hold it on to some clothign or scarf with a smaller one.

splusholia

In my case, there is a general inflammatory response which involves swelling and worsens when I am run down or crashing...generally EVERYTHING wrong seems to radiate from this base of the skull, back of the neck area.

So that varies, depending upon Spoon Units.

Then there is a daily cycle in which my neck is sort of ok early in the day and just gets more and more painful as the day progresses. This I believe is more musculature and posture related issues. Unable to maintain a proper postural alignment in the neck area for any amount of time. Like no matter how many times I do: neck posture check, its always in some unacceptable condition.

So to me it feels like I have lower brain compression and swelling and some type of stenosis plus numerous unfixable spinal defects. I'm sure my collagen and muscles have degraded.

I had my first chance to mention: the neck stuff, Jen's 5 surgeries- at my last GP appointment. During about six seconds. I now have a Physical Therapy appointment, whatever that is.

How do I get my neck evaluated? Could not get to that Question at the appointment. Sent out the door.

I am exactly the same - all inflammation and symptoms seem to come from the back of my neck. I’m sure I could potentially have compression or CCI, but it seems difficult to get it checked out.

Thanks for the magnet tip - going to give those a try!

kewia

I think that might exclude inflamed muscle tissue and lymphatics because it usually becomes worse afterwards (as it promotes inflammation), but who knows.
I use cold bottles/patches instead to reduce temperature/inflammation.

Rufous McKinney

I think that might exclude inflamed muscle tissue and lymphatics because it usually becomes worse afterwards (as it promotes inflammation), but who knows.

I think it improves circulation....

Actually I use biomagnets on my neck more than anything else lately. Strong rare earth magnets. Tie them on with a scarf, or hook onto my shirt. It clears away a type of headache I get at the base of my skull....which feels inflammatory.

Rufous McKinney

I use cold bottles/patches instead to reduce temperature/inflammation.

my neck mostly tells me it feels exposed. it feels cold. Even if its not cold. My neck seems to crave collars. Its hard to explain and I don't know why. I'll take off four shirts sometimes and then this one with the nice collar and my neck sighs in happiness.

kewia

I think it improves circulation....
Yes, if you are slightly inflamed and your lymphatics work. But it depends on where your inflammation is, if is much deeper, then it may doesn't increase much with higher temperature.

Actually I use biomagnets on my neck more than anything else lately. Strong rare earth magnets.

You are the second person where I read about this. Can you recommend one for me?

my neck mostly tells me it feels exposed. it feels cold. Even if its not cold.

Interesting, my neck is either too warm or too cold. But even if it is cold, there could be inflammation deep under the surface and yes, in case it is cold, warming it helps indeed a bit.