• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hyper-oxia or too much oxygen

So what the frig is this? Twitching, anxious, feeling drunk, weak, air hunger, hyperinflated lungs, blood pooling, severe sleep issues, personality changes, nervousness, etc.

I wake up from sleep and pass out as well. It’s like my brain doesn’t oxygen- as if I’m hyperventilating in my sleep to the point of unconsciousness. The hyper inflated lungs would point to hyperventilation - but not aware I’m doing it? I don’t even know. I just know I’m being told it’s not my lungs. I have lung function test Friday as well as a brain mri. Sleep study tmw.

This is a nightmare.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
So what the frig is this? Twitching, anxious, feeling drunk, weak, air hunger, hyperinflated lungs, blood pooling, severe sleep issues, personality changes, nervousness, etc.

I wake up from sleep and pass out as well. It’s like my brain doesn’t oxygen- as if I’m hyperventilating in my sleep to the point of unconsciousness. The hyper inflated lungs would point to hyperventilation - but not aware I’m doing it? I don’t even know. I just know I’m being told it’s not my lungs. I have lung function test Friday as well as a brain mri. Sleep study tmw.

This is a nightmare.
I wish i had an answer for you. But you are getting multiple diagnostics done, i hope they find answer for you.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Have you ever been checked for sickle cell disease?

Teeth are good. Some receding enamel on front upper teeth. No infections that I’m aware of. All my tests are coming back ok so I don’t understand why I continue to feel like death warmed over. I’m having so many issues with my CNS. Waking with anxiety and nervousness. I’m currently addressing nutritional and antioxidant deficiencies but it’s low and slow.

I might have to turn to some kind of anti anxiety/anti depressive med. I truly cannot love like this 😞

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Some of what you're describing unfortunately sounds like ME symptoms other than the things that show up on imaging. I wish a pulmonary doctor would figure out what's going on with that for you.

The only other thing I can think of is if maybe you have an autoimmune disease that is attacking your lung tissue maybe. ??

For the anxiety and whatnot I just found Dr Amen on YouTube. I was looking for ADHD but he also does cover anxiety and even though he's a psychiatrist he likes to start with supplements first, I think. Which is what I also prefer.
If you were a patient at one of his clinics he would also do a Spect scan of your brain.

However experiencing what we do with this disease it's no wonder you're feeling anxious.

I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia in my late teens but I think it was just because I couldn't understand what was going on with me. Why did I feel weak and faint (still do) all the time? It was the ME/CFS and now I realize that I probably also had POTS way back then too. :(

Last edited: