• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to live alone?

wabi-sabi

So I just discovered my demented mother has stopped masking again... despite giving me COVID this June, knowing I am severe and bedridden. I am getting sicker and sicker everyday since COVID. I am beside myself with terror and fury )OK, that may partly be the constant crash). At any rate, I no longer feel safe in my parents' home and want to move out.

Except I have no income, am severe, bedridden and unable to care for myself. What resources do I have? The affordable housing in my area is disgusting. In my climate I need real utilities, not an in AC.

southwestforests

Oh dear, that is quite a spot to be in, wish life wasn't going that way.

Given the givens, I haven't got enough knowledge, or at least not the correct knowledge, to offer an answer on how to live alone. But I will comment here and now so that you can know someone has noticed you.

Gijs

*don't be too strict on your parents, covid is highly contagious, even with a mask on you can't prevent it. Everyone gets it sooner or later, even if you're alone. Is there no benefits agency? And are there social housing in your area? I don't have the solution either, but I do know that you are not alone. Many patients are in a similar situation. Stay strong! I wish you the best!

Cipher

Administrator
Except I have no income, am severe, bedridden and unable to care for myself. What resources do I have? The affordable housing in my area is disgusting. In my climate I need real utilities, not an in AC.
I saw this website in another thread, it seems like a very comprehensive resource when it comes to US disability & finance tips in the context of ME/CFS: https://howtogeton.wordpress.com/

Back