• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to know if my POTS is autoimmune?

Well, here I have few doctors available who know all these things and therefore I ask for experiences of people in other countries who will be more updated in POTS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I guess not all POTS are autoimmune, but that's why I want to do the tests: to know if mine is or not. I believe that with POTS + syndrome of activation of mast cells (even for testing) + positive autoantibodies IVIG should be the treatment option without a doubt but well, in my country I do not think there is such an option nor for the public health system or in private clinics. But it would be too much chance to have POTS + mast cell activation syndrome + gastroesophageal reflux + wheezing ...

The multivitamin in high doses and mycotherapy (treatment with fungi), I say in case they reinforce the immune system as they say they do and can alter the results.

I tried to contact the Mayo Clinic, because they supposedly attend in Spanish and yes, they speak Spanish but not very well and we did not understand anything. He told me that he had to make me an account (I do not know if banking or registering on his page). Registering me was impossible, so I desisted. They did not inform me about prices or anything at all. Let's see if he calls a Spanish partner who speaks English much better than me.

Thank you.

Gingergrrl

The multivitamin in high doses and mycotherapy (treatment with fungi), I say in case they reinforce the immune system as they say they do and can alter the results.

I don't believe that high dose vitamins could alter autoantibody results.

I tried to contact the Mayo Clinic

I don't think Mayo is going to be much help and you might have better luck reading about the different autoimmune panels that they offer and translating the Google pages into Spanish. Although I understand to actually do the tests from Spain, you need to learn their protocol re: shipping the sample internationally, etc.

Last edited:

kangaSue

First I don't understand why your AN is considered idiopathic if your VGCC antibody titer is positive?
Mine is 0.02 so not a "positive" finding.
Also, if AAG can be seronegative in 50% of cases, don't they take this into consideration?
No. No if's, but's or maybe's. Might have had a case if I had more severe autonomic symptoms other than mostly GI stuff or was positive to something else but even my ANA is fine so no go.

I have finally sent my blood to the German CellTrend and I already have the results. I have given posivo in an auto antibody and in risk in another. In Spain they do not usually give inmonoglobulins, do you think that with these results I could use them? I understand that having a single positive antibody car would suffice, I do not think it is necessary to have several different ones. I understand that that single auto antibody is bugging me and causing POTS. Here the results:

0fa23a0c5580630e1d4e798e22c793c8o.jpg