• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Holladay, Levine, or Curtin at CCD? - looking for the dr version of the sword in the stone

I'm trying to find a good, knowledgeable doctor to help me with ME/CFS.

I called Dr. Nathan Holladay and made an appointment for September. He accepts my insurance and sounds willing to help, however, just before he ended the call he mentioned he can't/won't help with autoimmune issues. This sounded odd to me and I wasn't sure if I just misheard him. However, if he doesn't help with that then I don't know how he can help me as I at least one autoimmune disorder causing chronic sinus infections. He did study under Dr. Bateman, but he's a one-man clinic and I'm not sure how far he's willing to go to help patients.

I called Dr. Susan Levine and they told me they'd call me back in September for an appointment. She also accepts my insurance.

Then there's the Center for Complex Diseases, they aren't accepting new patients for Kaufman or Chheda, however, they brought on a new doctor: Dr. Jennifer Curtin. I've read many posts that this is an excellent clinic, but it's all regarding Kaufman and Chheda. Also, this clinic does not accept any insurance and is expensive. On top of the travel, it's now $1000 for the first visit and $1000 for the second visit, up from $800 that it was last year when I called and thought it was expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these doctors? Spending the money for the CCD seems like a huge gamble for me because it's a lot of money, plus travel costs (which I will have to see any of these doctors). Can anyone please offer any advice or suggestions?

Jyoti

Hi @chasingredroses. It is such a conundrum. There seem to be so few choices that come without huge downsides. I have an appointment with Dr. Curtin at CCD at the end of the month and would be happy to share my impressions as well as any outcomes, though I am not expecting anything tangible for at least a couple of months.

@chasingredroses I also have an apt with Holladay in September. Although have also considered getting an apt with Curtain as well. So somewhat in the same conundrum as you.

@Jyoti if you can I would love to hear your impressions of your apt with Curtain once you have had it.

I'm trying to find a good, knowledgeable doctor to help me with ME/CFS.

I called Dr. Nathan Holladay and made an appointment for September. He accepts my insurance and sounds willing to help, however, just before he ended the call he mentioned he can't/won't help with autoimmune issues. This sounded odd to me and I wasn't sure if I just misheard him. However, if he doesn't help with that then I don't know how he can help me as I at least one autoimmune disorder causing chronic sinus infections. He did study under Dr. Bateman, but he's a one-man clinic and I'm not sure how far he's willing to go to help patients.

I called Dr. Susan Levine and they told me they'd call me back in September for an appointment. She also accepts my insurance.

Then there's the Center for Complex Diseases, they aren't accepting new patients for Kaufman or Chheda, however, they brought on a new doctor: Dr. Jennifer Curtin. I've read many posts that this is an excellent clinic, but it's all regarding Kaufman and Chheda. Also, this clinic does not accept any insurance and is expensive. On top of the travel, it's now $1000 for the first visit and $1000 for the second visit, up from $800 that it was last year when I called and thought it was expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these doctors? Spending the money for the CCD seems like a huge gamble for me because it's a lot of money, plus travel costs (which I will have to see any of these doctors). Can anyone please offer any advice or suggestions?
Finally whom you had consulted and how was your experience? I am also in same state currently to go for CDC or any other ME expert.